Thursday, August 13, 2009

How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat!?

Tuesday night our raid team formed and headed off to the new instance hoping to see and down Lord Jaraxxus, the newly-released 2nd boss of Trial of the Crusader. I was excited as this would be my first time inside the new dungeon.

Our RL calmly (as always) explained the strategy for the first “boss”, Northrend Beasts, and despite having a couple newbies involved (myself included), we one-shotted them. Next up was the new guy, Lord Jaraxxus. Again, we heard the explanation and then went out and kicked his butt. Somewhat surprisingly, he really didn’t seem to have all that many tricks up his sleeve and we one-shotted him, too.

I wasn’t all that interested in most of the loot, except for one item that dropped off the beasts, Collar of Unending Torment. I took it, largely because I was the only one in the raid who could benefit from it. Since 3.2 spreadsheets aren’t out yet for rogues, I had no idea if it would really better than what Ofn has been using. However, it turns out, as I suspected, it was indeed an upgrade.

After ToC, we headed to Ulduar to begin the new week’s raid. My RL knew how badly I wanted FL+4, so when he announced we would give a couple of tries, I was very excited. Our first attempt didn’t work out so well, but we got it on the 2nd try. Thank you, everyone! Of course it wasn’t done just for me, several others got the achievement as well and benefitted from the loot. However, I was, and am, still very appreciative of everyone’s effort.

We then moved forward and downed Razorscale and XT and called it for the night, and I had time to reflect on the achievement and my attitude about it. Very frustrated at first, later resigned to the thought that I might never get it, and then satisfaction at getting it. I struggle with being patient in all facets of life, and this served as another in a long list of lessons regarding the need to just chill out about stuff. I’ll try to do better in the future.

This week’s AH win: Really not much to report here. After I sold the bulk of gems prospected from my massive titanium ore hoard, I’ve been back to my bread & butter enchanting mats and bags. I guess the win is that , with the new dungeons out, and new emblem system out, players are getting a lot of new gear, which is translating to high demand for enchanting mats. Which is good in my book. :-)

The Baconstrip™ Maine Weather Report:
85° F — hot, hazy & humid

No comments: