Friday, October 9, 2009

Prepared, I was not

It did not really occur to me that our once 1.5 (out of 10) physical dps raid group was now a 4.5 physical dps raid group. Not due to new members, but to members switching classes. Didn’t occur to me, that is, until Mjolnir Runestone dropped.

I am... frustrated.

5 comments:

Honors Code said...

You'll have to talk to Boston, but I'm willing to go back to Thorim Hard as often as necessary to get all you guys the trinket.

Lakini said...

That does suck, there are upgrades I could use sitting on alts who used to be mains. Good news is all the folks who switched have very short attention spans and will switch to something else soon.

Ofn said...

Hopefully back to caster classes--different ones, of course; although then, the beneficial, shiny things will sit, unused, gathering dust, no longer helpful...

Good thing they're all just pixels anyway.

Blue said...

Sorry Ofn. I know this is an issue and why I was reluctant to switch. I can assure you that I am having more fun raiding than I ever have, I know this is not an excuse for the switch, but it has certainly reinvigorated me. I hope your not too mad at me.

Ofn said...

Don't be sorry. 'Mad' really is not the word to describe how I felt. I simply was not prepared for the level of interest in the item.

For some time now, I have been spoiled in loot due to lack of competition for various items. That's been nice, but it also created an unrealistic sense in me that all melee loot was mine because I ran with a mostly caster raid. Obviously, that's not the case anymore, and I simply failed to recognize that I wasn't the only one interested in the trinket.

My comments about folks switching classes is, really, not fair. It is just a game, and we all should play the roles we enjoy. I'm glad you are getting a lot of enjoyment out of playing a warrior. And, frankly, I'm happy with your AP shout buff. :-)

Please accept my apology for letting this get to me, and for the sarcasm in my previous comment. We all know I'm a bit emo, and sometimes I let it get the best of me. I truly am not upset about this any longer, and am happy you have the item.

Now, if Jag had won the roll, it would be a different story! lol, j/k