Friday, January 15, 2010

Freak Show

So last week I was running a dungeon, maybe the random heroic, when Ofn hit exalted with The Hand of Vengeance, giving me 35 exalted reps. I got a couple of “grats” in gchat, but then I also got some “freak” comments. LOL. I suppose so.

Not content with that, I went ahead and also finished out Keepers of Time rep with solo runs on Black Morass (normal), giving Ofn exalted rep #36 and also The Burning Crusader.

I assume that rep #37 will be Ashen Verdict, seeing as Ofn gets steady increments with them due to our ICC raiding and given that I don’t have many more reps to (easily) work on. Hydraxian Waterlords is Ofn’s highest revered rep, but hitting exalted there will require 3 or 4 full-clear Molten Core runs. Not exactly high on anyone’s list. Then there’s Arathi Basin rep, also revered, but thinking of grinding that out makes me want to poke my eyes out.

So, getting “The Exalted” is still a long-shot, and I don’t have a plan to complete it at this point.

Ofn is now at 98 mounts, thanks to the last AT mount and the acquisition of the two Sons of Hodir purchasable mounts. I had set up a run with a 25 man guild for the Sartharion + 3 drakes mount, but it fell through and doesn’t look resurrectable. ZG, the Brunnhildar daily and the Oracles’ egg continue to disappoint. I haven’t tried for the Rivendare mount in weeks; maybe I’ll try that some this weekend.

There are still two mounts Ofn can get via BG tokens, and I’ve been trying to grind them out, but BGs aren’t what they used to be (neither are my PVP skills) and it’s largely been an exercise in frustration. There are still 10 or so tokens of each classic BG to earn just for one of these last two mounts, another 30 each for the second. Oy vey.

Last night our 10 man team ran ICC 10 with the second wing up for the second time, easily busting through the first wing, 2-shotting Festergut and downing Rotface in less than 5 tries (don’t remember the exact number of attempts). Frost Giant's Cleaver was in the Gunship chest, which I have been interested in. Boston generously declined to roll on it against me, allowing me to take it. Both Ofn’s axes are now ICC 10 drops. They are ilevel 251. The new MH axe replaced an i232 — a not insignificant upgrade.

I promptly called Ofn’s Argent Tournament squire (with mount) and gained bank access to get enchanting mats for Berserking. I did have to DE some items, including the two prior axes, but got it done, switched to Combat spec and ran off to catch up with team.

I was happy.

The DPS Ofn was achieving with this weapon rivaled the Mutilate dps I’ve been seeing previously. Of course, Ofn’s daggers are from ToC; once he gets ICC daggers, I’m sure Mutilate will again become the higher dps spec of choice.

We met up with Professor Putricide again, getting in four attempts on him. Despite the late hour, we were on our toes enough that we made some good progress (well, after Honors took over Abom sucking duty), easily getting to Phase 2 on our last two attempts. We’re going back on Monday, and though there’s a good chance we won’t get him down, I’m confident we can do it and it won’t be long before he’s just another notch in our belt.

Given Ofn’s recent achievements, and my reluctance to grind BGs, I dusted off Zephaniah (the armory updates are pretty cool) and have been doing some questing and 5-mans with him. I’m slowly gettng him enough gear and power to hold a decent amount of threat. Running random heroics with him has provided a new challenge, and sometimes new headaches. I need a lot more tanking experience, but I’m gonna take it as it comes and not try to grind it.

The Baconstrip™ Maine Weather Report:
Currently 36° F and overcast, with 6 inches of snow on the ground

2 comments:

Bacon said...

Man you make Bacon look lazy. Grats on those reps. Did you also do "The Insane" rep run? And was that 6" of MORE snow, or what's currently on the group?

Ofn said...

Getting "The Insane" is... wait for it... insane! I've thought about it, but that's a *ton* of work that I am currently unmotivated to do.

And, no, it wasn't 6" more snow — we actually lost a couple inches because it hadn't snowed in a couple weeks. Untll today, that is. Ten inches of new snow today. I just came in from sledding and playing with the kids for an hour. I'm wiped out and they're bouncing around the house. I must be getting old, lol.