Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a chump

I decided to leave the raid team I joined a month ago and rejoin the team I had been with previously. So much for all the “one path” crap I wrote about.

I know there are several people mad/frustrated/upset at/with me right now; I hope they can forgive me at some point. It is not about liking/disliking any person more than any other in the guild -- I like everyone. It is about trying to maximize a paid (entertainment) endeavor.

If anyone wishes to know more, talk to me or rant at me, please send me a tell in-game.

4 comments:

Bacon said...

Completely understandable. IMO Honestly, no matter how ill it can be received, is the best policy. For the amount of time/money invested into all of it, you need some entertainment return.

That was ONE (note I said one) of the reasons I made my change (though it was pretty drastic and somedays seem like a mistake).

BTW, you forgot to mention the weather there in Maine. :)

Ofn said...

Ah, my loyal reader, Bacon. :-) Sorry you had to wait so long since my last post.

It seems I've stirred up quite the hornet's nest. Well, that's what I hear anyway; no one has spoken to me directly. Apparently, there is a real possibility that the guild will be splitting up, which both annoys and saddens me. Even if my action is not the driving force, but rather, as may be the case, an indicator of larger issues, I just feel like... really? That's the best solution? Really?

Time and again in this guild, I have seen people act maturely in the face of disappointment or frustration with choices that others have made. And now, it involves me, and there's all this anger? It makes me sad.

I now have very little motivation to do anything in-game outside of things I can do solo. Lots of people are mad at me, and I'm not interested in aggravating anyone further with my presence.

/sigh

What happens from here? Time will tell.

BTW, it's 50° F and overcast. :-)

Bacon said...

Hmmm... I don't get it. I'm sure that it didn't go over well with a few individuals (as did my departure from the guild). And you're leaving shouldn't signal the end of the guild.

I do think there were things done or in place which worked or working to unravel some of the base principles which makes that guild a great group of people. It saddens me too because I still consider some of them friends (even if they don't say hi to me anymore) and I will continue to think kindly of them.

Feel free to email me sometime.
Your friend,
Bacon

Blue said...

All I have to say is, don't take any of it personal. If people are not mature enough to handle certain aspects or choices made with regards to your situation they should keep it to themselves.

I understand that I am in Witch's raid group and have a bird's eye view so to speak or whatever analogy fits, which does not give me the other group's perspective.

I don't really have alot to say other than I hope the game remains fun for you. Im sure this is a stressful situation.